Circle Of Competence Issue #5
Department of General Finance
- Great article on 2017 performance (or rather, lack thereof due to tough hurricane season) of P/C insurance industry
- VERY exclusive interview with Eddie Lampert of Sear's Holdings on his current strategy with Sears and other folks' opinions of how he has handled the situation thus far. Normally, I'm not a Vanity Fair type guy... but this was juicy.
- Interesting article on Libor and how rising rates are affecting consumers and corporations alike
- Good quotes from Buffett back in 2005 on retail companies in decline, Eddie Lampert taking on a failing retailer, and his advice not to test history when it comes to a tough industry.
Department of Real Estate
- Great article with some historical facts on the self storage industry and where it's headed.
Department of Blogs