Welcome to the Circle of Competence website!
I'm Benton Moss and I was born and raised in the beautiful state of North Carolina. A little bit about me:
- I attended the UNC Chapel Hill and studied Economics and Finance at the Kenan-Flagler Business School.
- I played baseball while at UNC and professionally for 5 seasons until my retirement in 2019.
- I have studied the great investors throughout history to learn their worldviews, playbooks, and strategies.
- In 2015 I began investing actively in real estate and stocks.
- In 2018, I began sharing my reading list weekly filled with pieces on financial markets, real estate, technology, economics,
history, and philosophy.
- I have nearly a decade of experience in development, acquisitions, leasing, and property management. I have past project management experience on over $500MM in mixed use real estate developments.
- I currently run my own commercial and residential property management firm as well as a home services firm. We manage over 2,000 units in Eastern North Carolina and are actively growing our footprint.
- I currently